Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 2nd, 2011 21:00

M15x bootup screen alienhead stuck no window/bios/bootmenu

So to start this situation off, about 2 months ago while my laptop was working fine for the pass nearly 2 years,  one night i left my laptop on running (although i left it on numerous time), the next morning, I saw my laptop basically at the alienhead screen permanently stuck there.  So I was like ok, im gonna turn it off and come back after work to see whats wrong.  when I came back, screen was still stuck at the alienhead boot up and I can't go into bios or boot menu when they show me the option to press F2 or F12.  When I press F2, it just gave me a beep and shows a little red x at the bottom left corner of the screen,  and nothing if I press F12 for boot menu.  then i tried to look for my windows 7 upgrade disc to see if i can run it to recover and put it in, nothing boots from disc and now I can't even eject it out.  Since I can't go to bios, wont load into windows, and the touch eject doesn't work, I now have a disc stuck inthere.  So am here asking if anyone know a solution to this as I can't look for one anywhere.  I assume my HD is dead but friend said, if it didn't even get to that part, it shouldn't even affect the HD.  Stated that it might be the bios but if it is, how can it be configure if i cant even go into it.  This is really driving me nuts.  And believe me, I have tried those hard reset, battery removal, used up all electrical and remove the power supply and all that and nothing works.

2 Posts

November 6th, 2011 10:00

bump6

406 Posts

November 6th, 2011 14:00

motherboard needs to be replaced.

No Events found!