AGreer10
1 Copper

M17 r4 - need help diagnostic beeps

This is a quick question. My laptop will not boot up and beeps seven (7) times. Any help? Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AGreer10
1 Copper

Re: M17 r4 - need help diagnostic beeps

To give a little extra information: the motherboard had been replaced (didn't fix the problem), the CPU and graphics cards were tested and are working correctly. It's seems as though the graphics card is not getting enough power (a graphics card that requires less power worked). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos

Hi ‌,

What's video card you have and also what's the AC Adapter wattage?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
AGreer10
1 Copper

It's the original video card and adapter purchased from Alienware. I can get the the specifics if needed. The adapter was tested and working correctly. Could there be a bad connection internally? The motherboard and CPU were already replaced. 

0 Kudos

Yes, please give me the specifics.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
AGreer10
1 Copper

Thank you and here is all of the info:

Video Card:

NWT1J
ASSEMBLY, CARD (CIRCUIT), GRAPHICS, GTX675M, M17XR4
Power Adapter:
5120P
CORD, POWER, 125V, 6FT, SJT, UNSHIELDED
FWCRC
ADAPTER, ALTERNATING CURRENT, 240W, DELTA - AC ADAPT, 3P, PWA INTEGRATED, WORLD WIDE
Let me know if you need anything else and thanks again
0 Kudos