Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 19th, 2011 10:00

M17x A06 Bios

Updating the BIOS appears to have bricked the system. It no longer will boot from disk. I can boot from a DVD, but get neither the RAID display nor the Respawn messages.

Any ideas on how to get out of this?

1.2K Posts

February 19th, 2011 12:00

so it still posts? if so after bios update you need to reconfigure bios to see the RAID .. i beleive default it AHCI ... so you need to reset that to RAID   then F10 to save and hit okay to exit ... shuld be fine after that

16 Posts

February 19th, 2011 15:00

Actually, I figured it out. I simply didn't realize all the configuration settings needed to activate RAID. Now that I have it set in the BIOS properly, all is well. Thank for the tip that got me started - I really appreciate it!

16 Posts

February 19th, 2011 15:00

Well, that got me further. It now goes through POST, I see a set of disk messages, which are NOT the same as I used to see (there were two lines, and now there are three, basically too fast to read), then I see the standard BIOS messages. After that, I'm back to a blinking cursor in the upper left corner. Still won't boot into Windows. I suspect it may be the RAID configuration, but I don't know how to deal with that.

Thanks for your help so far. If you've got other insights, please share them.

1.2K Posts

February 19th, 2011 20:00

sorry i didnt get back to post intime but glad you sorted it out ..

16 Posts

February 20th, 2011 07:00

np. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. I'm back up and running - which given where I was for a while is a huge relief!

No Events found!