Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 27th, 2015 23:00

M17x Laptop Refuses to Charge

My laptop will NOT charge at all. I've tried everything including unplugging/replugging the battery, draining the battery, changing what wall socket I use, leaving the laptop unplugged or plugged+on overnight, and updating the bios. I'm at a loss. My warranty is about to expire and I really don't want to be stuck with a broken laptop as the reason I got the laptop instead of building a desktop was for the portability. I'm pretty sure at this point it's either the plug or battery but I have no way of testing either for sure and i'm not sure how I would go about getting replacement parts under my warranty. Alienware Support guy on YouTube thinks it may be the plug that is bad. However, my battery has also acted up, once showing as 100% when it was at zero and then the computer would not recognize it until three reboots later. It also randomly can't be detected by my computer. It's rare, but it happens. I just ran a System Detect and it said the battery should be replaced (Error code: WBT02-Q86). However, I have tried to apply for a Support Request through Support Detect and it keeps running into an error.

I'm just worried that it's not the battery but the plug that is the problem. I've ran Support Detect before and the battery passed the test but was still not charging. And if I get a replacement battery and it still doesn't work, i'm going to have to fork out 100+ dollars for a plug with no guarantee that it will fix the problem.

Please help! My Warranty expires on 03-14 and I REALLY, REALLY don't want to get stuck with a broken laptop.

February 28th, 2015 22:00

Bumping this to the top and hoping for an answer.

No Events found!