Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 23rd, 2013 16:00

M17x R3 6990m Driver Update?

Hello,

I purchased my Alienware laptop with a 6990m Graphics Card just over a year ago now, and it's been working fine until recently. I've been running into issues such as glitches and poor frame rates with some of my newer games. I've been searching around the Internet for solutions and it seems to be a problem with my drivers being outdated. I went to AMD's site to update them but I found that the drivers aren't compatible with switchable graphics enabled notebooks like mine. The site then told me to go to the manufacturer's site to get the correct drivers however I've discovered that the drivers on Dell's site are the same that I'm using now and are about two years old.

I was wondering if we can expect an official driver update from Dell anytime soon? 

249 Posts

April 23rd, 2013 17:00

Hi killjoy07,

Welcome to the Community!

We apologize for any inconveniences this has caused you. However, we don't have any update yet regarding the matter to when an official driver for the 6990m Graphics Card would be available. It is best to check the support site once in a while or follow @dellcares via twitter for proactive messages regarding our driver updates. If you have  any further questions or concerns, just let me know and I'm glad to be of help.

Thanks and Regards

DELL_Andrew F

Social Media and Community Professional

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

2 Posts

April 24th, 2013 08:00

Ah, okay then. I'll continue to keep an eye out for a possible update. Thanks for the response anyway.

249 Posts

April 24th, 2013 16:00

You're most welcome. Feel free to reach out to us anytime.

Thanks and Regards

DELL_Andrew F

Social Media and Community Professional

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

8 Posts

June 11th, 2013 12:00

When do you plan on updating drivers? This is ridiculous that we have to wait around for you guys to decide whether or not you want to update drivers. I am getting very poor performance in my games these days.

Do you actually plan to update anything? The last updated drivers on your site are from 2011! Video drivers need to be updated regularly. You'd think a company that makes "gaming" computers would know this.

Well I can guarantee you that I will not be buying any more alienware or dell anything anymore if this is the kind of support that you give.

June 11th, 2013 18:00

Hi Killjoy07,

Refer to this thread for an answer to your question and a possible solution to get your drivers updated.

1 Message

August 13th, 2013 09:00

Andrew, please pass along my disappointment that there have been no video driver updates in 2 years.  That is absolutely unacceptable for a gaming laptop.  I love my alienware, but will never buy one again due to this problem.  I'm sure most other owners feel the same way.

No Events found!