Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 4th, 2011 06:00

M17x-R3 Owners. Please test the 32bit Diagnostics from the Resource DVD

There are some users on the NBF that are reporting that the 32bit diagnostic is not present on the DVD?

Dell customer care/service. If already out of warranty, click hereFind your Service Tag
DELL-Chris M
#IWork4Dell

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 7th, 2011 12:00

So it was present on the DVD?

2 Posts

Well, at least for me it isnt working

2 Posts

No, im actually that guy from NBR that made the Post, just wanted to give this a little bumb.

The "diags" folder is not present.

7 Posts

November 7th, 2011 13:00

There's nothing like diagnostics on my DVD when looking at it in Windows.

I can boot it, but when i'm asked to either run diagnostics by pressing 1 or quit to command line by pressing q, hitting 1 doesn't do anything. Hitting q works fine. Running diagnostics through F12 -> Diagnostics also works fine.

P/N 9G8C3

REV.A00

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 8th, 2011 12:00

Dell-Bill_B got back the official response from the product engineers for Dell diagnostics. It seems that the diagnostics were never intended to be run from the resource DVD for this platform (M17x-R3).

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

November 8th, 2011 18:00

Dell-Bill_B got back the official response from the product engineers for Dell diagnostics. It seems that the diagnostics were never intended to be run from the resource DVD for this platform (M17x-R3).

You (Dell-AW) could at least post a (bootable CD version) of "Dell Diagnostics for Alienware Laptops" for people to use. They might have lost their copy (in the Diags Partition) due to harddrive swap/format repair/etc.

No Events found!