Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 21st, 2011 10:00

M17x R3 issue

Hello,

I recently received my new alienware and needless to say it was working perfectly. So when I got to go to work i let my little brother use it who of course somehow managed to crash it and since crittical errors were appearing. So he decided to format it.

I went back home to a computer not working properly. Some of the hardware isn't recognized and even with the right drivers it won't install. (Nvidia in fact won't)

Can anyone tell me, give me a link to a tutorial on how to properly reinstall an alienware computer as well as on how to install the drivers so that it works as fine as when it came out of factory?

Thanks a lot..

August 21st, 2011 11:00

The only thing that I can tell you is for your video card, you will need to download the right drivers through dell support and not through the manufacture. I have a Nvidia card in mine and it wouldn't recognize a driver update if it was straight from the Nvidia website. So make sure you download the right driver from Dell. I've been having problems of my own so I had to learn this the hard way.

No Events found!