Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

September 21st, 2014 10:00

M17x R4 not charging

AC adapter light is on and does not flicker. Will switch to battery power even though AC adapter is plugged in. BIOS (A13) detects the adapter (180W) and claims battery is 'normal'. Unplugging and plugging the adapter can usually get to start charging for about a minute. System is just over six months old.

Also, I have taken a job in a country with 240v outlets (3 months). The adapter is not hooked into a convertor. However, this problem had accrued before this time.

671 Posts

September 24th, 2014 13:00

Hello ZIM252,

How often do you let the battery drain out completely on it's own? 
(Personally, I try and let my battery use up it's entire power at least once a week, just to make sure that the battery life is presserved). 
Please go ahead and send me in a PM your computer's Service Tag so I may review your case.

2 Posts

October 7th, 2014 22:00

Sorry been busy. To answer your question, almost never.

I did a power drain (Removed the battery and held the power button twenty seconds.) and I didn't have problems for about a week. Right now I'm running the battery out before I try to re-charge it.

I tried to copy/paste your name into the PM, but it didn't recognize it. I didn't know what I did wrong.

671 Posts

October 8th, 2014 12:00

No worries. try sending me another PM after you accepted the Friend Request.
I will need to verify your Service Tag so I can check what I can do for you.

No Events found!