Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 12th, 2014 11:00

M17xR4 alienrespawn error and can't make factory reset.

Hi, I wan trying to do a factory default to my m17x Win8 by using system recovery, however  there is an error
( Error 0x4001100200001005. If this issue persists please contact Dell support.)

I have tried several times and keep on having the same error.

how to I do a factory default (pressing F8 doesn't work at all)

1.8K Posts

April 14th, 2014 13:00

Hi!

It's possible that the factory partition is corrupted or that there isn't enough space in the HDD to load the image. You can try to re-install the application and if the issue persists, I recommend you do a clean Windows installation as explained on this video.   

2 Posts

April 15th, 2014 01:00

i already done a clean install of Windows 8.1, but i still wanna do a factory restore to my laptop. 
are there anyway to check the factory partition is corrupt or not?

1 Message

April 15th, 2014 08:00

I'm not from Dell but I found the answer to this problem that I also have to use myself. After users upgrade from the factory-installed Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, the Alien Respawn installation will no longer rebuild the factory version of Windows. You need to download and install the updated version of Alien Respawn that contains the Windows 8.1 version you need. Go here> http://www.alienrespawn.com/en-us/Index.html If you don't get to the download screen, try this link > http://www.alienrespawn.com/AlienRespawn_1.6.2.4.exe And use the download button to get the new Respawn version and then run it to install it. You may need to first delete the old Respawn installation using Control Panel before it will install. Good luck.

1.8K Posts

April 15th, 2014 14:00

i already done a clean install of Windows 8.1, but i still wanna do a factory restore to my laptop. 
are there anyway to check the factory partition is corrupt or not?

When you do a clean Windows installation all the partitions are deleted, including the recovery partition. Do you remember creating a new partition using AlienRespawn after you finished the Windows installation?

No Events found!