Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 22nd, 2015 02:00

M18X - 2x nVidia GTX 560 do not work in SLI

Good day!

Since I bought my PC and up until very recent time I was not aware that my system runs on single GPU. Frankly, I was happy with the graphics performance and I did not even think to bother to find out how many GPUs were running. :-)

It was after I acquired several newer titles and fps started lacking when the problems started...

After enabling SLI system boots up normally, no error messages, working in MS Office or watching video is okay, but running games is not. Different games have different problems: Hitman Absolution loads but screen continuously blinks, TW: Rome II loads to black screen with only a cursor visible (cursor looks like it should in look in the game, not the Windows one), some other games like World Of Tanks do not load at all, etc. 

So far, I was not able to run a single game in SLI. 

I hope somebody can help me on this forum (I have looked for help elsewhere quite a lot). 

• 

2.7K Posts

January 23rd, 2015 18:00

I will recommend you to uninstall the video card driver, download the latest version you find the NVidia or in the Dell support website and install it.

Besides that you can try to update the BIOS to the latest version that you find in the Dell website as well.

Let us know those steps help you.  

February 2nd, 2015 03:00

I followed your recommendation but the situation did not improve. I tried running benchmark in Hitman Absolution but it crushed with the following error message:

"

The game has encountered a DirectX error and needs to close.

Error code: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

Error description: Hardware device removed.

Graphics card:

Dedicated video memory: 0 MiB

Dedicated system memory: 0 MiB

Shared system memory: 0 MiB...

"

Looks like my second GPU is invisible... But only for the games, because it is visible in Device Manager (and its status is "Working correctly") and in NVIDIA Control Panel.

DxDiag did not find problems in the Display Tab. However, in the Display Devices it shows only one GPU. Should not there be two GPUs listed?

"
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 560M
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1251&SUBSYS_048F1028&REV_A1
Display Memory: 4048 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1488 MB
Shared Memory: 2559 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Универсальный монитор PnP
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: SEC5448
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (59.999Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.4725 (English)
Driver Version: 9.18.13.4725
DDI Version: 11
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 1/10/2015 12:07:47, 17250776 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes

"

Are there any other steps to rectify the not working SLI? 

No Events found!