Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 6th, 2012 13:00

{MOVED}Windows8 upgraded on Alienware M14X R2

After about 2 days (nights) I satisfactorily upgraded to Windows8. At one time, whatever had to go wrong had gone wrong and for some all I could do was to tear at my hair. Its been a complete learning and it all had to start from a clean slate or rather a clean hard disk.

The issue on hand is that I could not find the upgrade for Alienware command centre. Can somebody help?

803 Posts

November 6th, 2012 13:00

Hi Raj,

Try to install the Alienware Command center using this link: ftp.dell.com/.../2

This was posted by one of our community members. In case you run into any problems installing this, read through this thread for more information: en.community.dell.com/.../20139107.aspx

Steps to re-install Alienware command center: http://dell.to/JRfod4

Please reply with the results.

12 Posts

November 6th, 2012 20:00

Satya,

Thanks for the help. The link that you provided was for Windows 7 and is incompatible for the Windows8. I made a call to the call centre and was told that the development team is still working on the compatible package for windows 8. Do let me if and when you have any update on this.

Thanks in advance

803 Posts

November 7th, 2012 11:00

Hi Raj,

Thank you for the update. The second link which I gave mentioned under "fixes and enhancements" that it will support windows 8. But never the less I will certainly keep you posted as and when I get an update. Please reach out for any further queries.

12 Posts

November 8th, 2012 01:00

Thank you satya

No Events found!