Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2012 08:00

MX11 r3 HDD Activity LED's

I have two MX11 r3 purchased one year apart from each other. I noticed the older laptop eye's on the power button blink when the HDD is accessed. The newer laptop's HDD LED's do not light up at all.

The only thing I can think of is the version of the command center. The older laptop has an older version of the command center v 2.6.8.0 and I updated the new laptop to the latest version of the command center v 2.8.8.0.

I dare not update the older laptop to the newer version of the command center in case it stops making the LED's function on that laptop but is there a way to get the new laptop HDD LED's activity lights working?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

October 29th, 2012 11:00

maninthedesert68,

Open the Command Center on both M11x-R3s. Do the settings chosen match in the AlienFX and AlienFusion?

November 1st, 2012 00:00

I do not see a specific setting in the command center for HDD Activity lights but the color schemes are set the same for both laptops. All the other settings like power schemes and alientouch settingsare default. These settings have not been modified for their initial settings.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

November 1st, 2012 08:00

It has to be the revision differences. I am running 2.8.8.0 on my M18x and the eyes do not blink.

November 2nd, 2012 03:00

Should I or can I downgrade to an older version? Is there a way the Alienware/Dell developers can look at this issue and come up with a fix for this?

207 Posts

May 29th, 2013 07:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                      

No Events found!