Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 10th, 2011 21:00

My Dell Downloads Popup doesn't go away

My laptop is an Alienware M11x R2.

I first posted this in the general laptop forum before noticing that all alienware posts should go here so I apologize if this is a double post.

The My Dell Downloads popup will not go away no matter what I do.  I keeps popping up every minute or two and sits on top of all my other windows.

I've tried choosing remind me later, and do not remind me, but that only keeps it from popping up for another minute or two.  I've even tried visiting the site and downloading things.  It still pops up.

Can somebody please tell me how to get this popup to go away?

May 11th, 2011 01:00

By "Dell Downloads" do you mean the dell data backup service, the one asking you to upgrade?

If so I too have the same problem, although I don't think it's as frequent. Maybe once or twice a day.

It's not been happening long, I assumed it was due to my computer nearing a year old and the year subscription issued on purchase is about to expire. The software is just so annoying, there is no close button on the popup. Instead you need to open the software and then close it.

I too would like to hear if there are any solutions as deleting the software clearly isn't an option as all my backups and recoveries are there.

16 Posts

May 11th, 2011 20:00

It is the popup that is titled "My Dell Donwloads" at the top and at the bottom it has AlienRespawn.

It is probably similar to what you are experiencing.

16 Posts

May 13th, 2011 21:00

Ok, called tech support to figure this out.  Fixed it by uninstalling AlienRespawn (it can be reinstalled later).  The popup has gone away and has not come back.  It may also be under Dell Data Safe on older computers.

1 Message

January 5th, 2012 19:00

when the pop up showes up click ctrl+alt+delete,,then click task manager  and right click on the program to end task..hope this helps

No Events found!