Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

July 13th, 2017 13:00

New 15 R3 Getting Bad Pool Caller.

Hello, 

I just received my 15 R3. I have been getting a blue screen with a code named Bad Pool Caller.

I did some research and updated all my drivers via manager. I ran the 4 hour ram test and it did not come up with anything. 

Any help would be nice as this 3000 dollar laptop should not be shutting down on me.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

September 18th, 2017 08:00

the_Phi wrote:

Just posting an update 

i've been using these drivers for about 2 weeks.

http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/category/other-downloads

file : KillerDrivers_1.4.1466_x64

so far no issues.

currently on their web site they have updated a different version. 

to highlight what another user mentioned, i did remove all programs related to killer, before reinstalling their drivers.

as what he said, it may be their app control center.

Thanks, and good work.

Please report any and all future instances of BAD_POOL_CALLER (or any BSOD for that matter).

1 Message

September 25th, 2017 07:00

I've got a similar problem and have now disabled the Killer Control Center. But also am trying the SupportAssist:

http://www.dell.com/support/article/uk/en/ukdhs1/sln301564/alienware-systems-crashing-to-bad_pool_header-error-or-0xd1-driver_irql_not_less_or_equal-bsod-errors?lang=en

for what it's worth

1 Message

October 12th, 2017 12:00

Same Laptop exact some problem. I use this for work and I have it crash on the reg! 

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

October 12th, 2017 14:00

Check this article. 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 12th, 2017 19:00

Appears to be a bad URL. 

October 25th, 2017 06:00

I am also encountering this error. And I think the KILLER Control Center/Suite is the culprit. Uninstalled and things seem to be normal now.

It would act up whenever I open up Chrome and do some surfing.. you can start hearing Fans blowing hard....and after that BSOD.

Would have thought alienware / killer to have better compatibility. Killer is really as named....KILLER...

6 Posts

October 26th, 2017 12:00

Hi,

I had the same problem with my alienware 15 R3 2017.

I think I found solution for the problem, it was the "killer control center" which downloaded from dell, I think it have some problem with ESET Smart Security and causes blue screens and self reboots.

however I uninstalled it, both the software and the driver and downloaded it from here: Killer Network | Killernetworking | Killer Control Center official one.

No reboots for past two days, hopefully the problem was resolved.

BTW I also reinstalled the "intel rapid" driver maybe this was also the reason...

Guys could you tell how warm is your CPU at max load when gaming? My 7820HK hitting 100C at max load.

I don't think this is normal...

I can boil water on it and make some hot tea if needed.

3000USD machine and none stoppable problems.

1 Message

December 27th, 2017 06:00

Same issue, I had my laptop go into BSOD 4 times in the last 30 mins. I restarted and disabled the killer suite before it could fully startup and I haven’t returned to the bsod, yet... this may be the issue

No Events found!