Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

V

June 15th, 2016 11:00

New BIOS update failure.

I bought an alienware 17 R3 8gb from USA 4 months ago. I live in Turkey where there is only one Dell technical service in total. Yesterday i made the BIOS update. Everything was ok, i shot down the laptop and slept. But today i realized that my computer is dead. Thanks for that super update. I am an ordinary computer user. I don't know what to do.

5 Posts

June 15th, 2016 12:00

might have to replace your bios chip or replace motherboard if you dont have soldering skills, unless you have a dell technician fix it. If you end up selling it let me know :) lol 

9 Posts

June 15th, 2016 12:00

Most probobly i ll sell it :) It was A mistake to buy this computer.

11 Posts

June 16th, 2016 00:00

You need to reset the cmos by doing the following:

This should get you going again

314 Posts

June 16th, 2016 14:00

it might not be dead. alienware latest bios are horrible. does not always powerup on the first try. Please take not and fix this Alienware.

9 Posts

June 16th, 2016 14:00

Thank you for the answer. Because it is easy to understand and apply. I did what is needed. Now something changed. System is not opened but a light occured on the power button. I will write the latest result. Thank you again.

11 Posts

June 16th, 2016 15:00

I have noticed it will take a while to start after doing the above fix. It seems to do a self check first - restart itself once or twice then eventually boot.

9 Posts

June 16th, 2016 15:00

But there is only light on power button. Laptop seems like sleeping. If it will be fixed i can wait even two days without touching it. Note: when i plug out the battery cable, light is turning off.

9 Posts

June 16th, 2016 23:00

I want to mention that my laptop doesnt give any reaction. If i achieve to turn it on, i will have a hope to fixing it. I started with lighten the energy power light. Is there any suggestion? I have to start the laptop whether Windows loads or not :) Turkey has lack of dell techinacal services. There is only one and i don't trust them. Because they don't have any experience in this model. I am asking this problem to my friends and ordinary techinacal services but they don't have any information. If you find any document please share it.

11 Posts

June 17th, 2016 07:00

If the above fix doesn't work, then I think your only option is to contact dell. You probably need a motherboard replacement.

9 Posts

June 22nd, 2016 07:00

I need to correct some things before closing the dialog. 1- I thought there was only one technical service in Turkey. It was wrong, there are many services that i didnt know. 2- Tecnical service personnels are so kind and know their job well. Thanks very much even my laptop didnt fix yet. But they are very interested in helping the customer.

No Events found!