Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 16th, 2015 00:00

New M18x or is it dead ?

I had a quick search of the forum but didn't see anything, so apologies if its already there. 

Is the M18 series dead or is this a normal break before a new revision is launched ? 

I noticed on some sites there are 18.4" and 18" models listed, one of which has a high screen resolution.

Also on the Alienware Australia site they have an M18 currently, not sure if this is end of the previous line or start of the new line. 

Anywhere to find out more ? 

I'm UK based btw. 

• 

2.7K Posts

March 16th, 2015 13:00

At the moment the 18 model is discontinued, the ones you see in the Australia website is a limited stock. 

348 Posts

March 22nd, 2015 14:00

Interesting post. I'm going to spend some time reading through. I was sure this was just a gap before a new revision comes out :/

I've been looking at UK based alternatives, Incase anyone interested, there are a few really nice 17" SLI laptops. Chillblast Renegade and the Scan 3XS Graphite 1725 are top of my list, both support the 4940XM Processor, both support 2x 8gb GRX 980M Cards, both support 32gb ram, both have AC wifi cards, both have optical drives (bluray writers).  

The MSI Titan (mentioned at the top of your link) not sure I could live with the lack of palm rest even tho the machine looks awesome and the storage options rock. 

Off to read that monster thread now :)

No Events found!