Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 25th, 2015 23:00

New alienware 15R2 with 1TB HDD and 128GB ssd constantly loosing 1TB

I have really been struggling with this laptop.  It had frequent BSOD's with the OS change which gradually improved with the windows updates, and frequently freezes on the splash screen during post.  However the main issue i've had with my new computer is that the HDD mysteriously dissappears.  I did a bit of research on this and dell recommends reseating the connector cable.  I have done this with it several times and it immediately fixes the issue, until i turn the computer off.  This is kind of a solution, HOWEVER i have had to take my brand new computer apart mutiple times just to make one of the factory installed components function.  I am quite frustrated with this, and I wonder if there is anyone with experience in this regard.  I can only guess that it has something to do with windows not certifying the drive during startup?  I have no idea, but its quite frustrating.

202 Posts

December 27th, 2015 21:00

Call dell and they will talk to you and can look at your pc and determine a solution.  They offered to replace my 970M for free and if I don't they can void warranty.  I returned for a full refund then got a 980M.

No Events found!