Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 13th, 2010 12:00

No 7.1 when plugging in to the rear jack?

Just got my Aurora ALX a couple days ago and i am having the exact same problem...I was hoping this problem would have been fixed by now but i guess i'll have to wait. It's really anoying though.Sure i could plug my headset in the back , but then i can only get stereo in the speaker configuration while in the front panel i get to set it in 5.1 or 7.1 mode wich is a big plus...not sure if it's suposed to be that way , if not maybe its a clue as to what is causing to problem?

2.4K Posts

June 14th, 2010 11:00

Well this post was meant for another thread...but anyway the problem is if i plug in my tactx headset to the front jack a get noise and static. If i plug them in to the jack of the sound card in the back i dont have that problem but then i cant put them in 7.1 sound all i have access to is stereo sound so that's not much of a solution. Am i supposed to be able to have 7.1 sound for my headset when i plug into the back to?

Ah ok thats a know issue.

Issue = The Analog ground was routed to mounting hole 3. The other two mounting holes are routed to Digital or chassis ground. When the board is mounted in the chassis, it ties the Digital chassis ground with the Analog ground creating a ground loop allowing switching noise from the +12VA rail to get onto the Analog ground.

Solution = Contact Technical Support for your region. This job is too difficult to do on your own. They need to setup an onsite service to replace the
Front I/O Assembly. Give the representative one of the following part numbers:
VG7K1 Aurora & Aurora R2 Front I/O Assembly
543DN Aurora & Aurora R2 ALX Front I/O Assembly

Headset has 2 speakers. 7.1 sound is 8 speakers. I am taking a guess here that you have the Soundblaster sound card. In the control panel for it you will see a setting to tell it to swtich to headset mode when you plug a headset in. Check it and see what happens.

If you did get a replacment system dont expect the ground to be done right. I got a replacment Area 51 and they still had the Media Card Reader installed wrong and the PCI-E power connectors. Seems like they dont get info in the warehouse lol. I had to rewire the card reader and redo the GPU power connectors myself.

Well this post was meant for another thread...but anyway the problem is if i plug in my tactx headset to the front jack a get noise and static. If i plug them in to the jack of the sound card in the back i dont have that problem but then i cant put them in 7.1 sound all i have access to is stereo sound so that's not much of a solution. Am i supposed to be able to have 7.1 sound for my headset when i plug into the back to?

2.4K Posts

What? 

I think you are saying you don't have 7.1 coming out of the rear jacks,right? Are you using a Soundblaster or onboard sound? Does your speakers have three or four 3.5mm jacks? Post some info bud and maybe someone can help you.

If you have a sound card did you check the BIOS to make sure onboard sound was turned off?

If your speakers only have three 3.5mm jacks then you need to go buy a 3.5mm cord. You can get one at Radio Shack for $6. Use that for the 4th jack.

Check that you have the latest drivers installed?

You had a system replacment,right? So it can't be the system. Would be very rare to have the same issue twice. You need to post system specs and be more clear on what the issue is.

June 18th, 2010 17:00

What i use is the alienware tactx headset , wich simulates 7.1 surround sound (rather well i might add) , and for sound i just use the Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio. This works when i plug the headset in front panel but not the back panel. I go into the realtek hd audio manager to change the settings for the sound and even though i set it to 5.1 or 7.1 i only get limited sound. Plugged into the front panel i get the full 7.1 experience i can actually tell when someone is walking behind me in a game. I dont have the option to switch to headset mode in the audio manager.

2.4K Posts

June 19th, 2010 11:00

If it works in the front  then why connect it to the back of the system? The back should be for your speakers. Are you using the green plug in the rear and then setting the speakers in the Realtek HD Audio Manager to Stereo when changing it? Unlike the SB cards the Realtek does not have a headphone detection setting so you must do it yourself when you plug them into the rear.

Let me try this again. 7.1 and 5.1 are for 7.1 and 5.1 speaker systems. It is not for simulated 7.1/5.1 sound. It is REAL 7.1 sound. Which means each Jack (3 or 4 of them depending on the card) puts out its own sound. Your headset takes a 2 channel and simulates 7.1. Give it a 2 channel sound like the front panel does and it will work again. Just because you have the system set to 7.1 does not mean the headphone jack on the front is putting out 7.1. It can not. It is putting out 2.0 only AKA stereo.

Change system to Stereo,plug into green port in the rear and it will work.

The static is the ground issue. Call tech support and have them come out and fix it.

No Events found!