Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

May 23rd, 2017 09:00

No command center since reset

Since resetting my Alienware 15 i cant use any Alienware keyboard functions and i have no command center or alienware program files left on my computer. Since i cant use the Alienware keyboard functions i cant turn off Alien fx and such. I've already run a full diagostics, "uninstalled/reinstalled" command centre even though i don't seem to have it from the beginning and my drivers and downloads page says that i've already downloaded everything and i have all the recent updates.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

May 23rd, 2017 09:00

Hi ‌,

What's your model revision and what Windows version do you have?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

May 23rd, 2017 10:00

Check in "Programs and Features" and uninstall any currently installed Alienware Command Center if found there.

Visit support.dell.com for your particular Revision Alienware 15 laptop. Download and clean-install the proper version of AW-CC for your machine. I would not pay any attention to online checker if it is wrong. If you need it, install it now.

2 Posts

May 23rd, 2017 10:00

I have windows 10 and im not sure what is meant by model revision

May 23rd, 2017 12:00

After weeks of trouble shooting, this solution worked for me....

Windows 10 Command Center Riva Fix

Reference the last few post in the thread.

Create a profile in RivaTuner for CommandCentre.exe and set application detection to NONE. You can also add ThermalController.exe with the same setting if Thermal Controller does not work properly.

Click the "+"

Browse to C:\Program Files\Alienware\Command Center

Select CommandCenter.exe

Set Application detection level to "None"

Riva CommandCenter Added

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

May 26th, 2017 10:00

Send me a private message with the service tag so I can check. 

No Events found!