Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 14th, 2013 06:00

Nvidia 560M GTX driver problem.

Hello everyone!

I own an Alienware M17x R3 and I've not too long realised that my graphics card doesn't seem to be working.

I discovered this in the icon tray where it says Solve pc issues (although it can't download the information to tell me what the problem is).

I can't open the Nvidia control panel (also when right clicking on the desktop I don't have the option too either).

When I go into task manager > Services it says that both NVIDIA Display Driver Service and NVIDIA Update Service Daemon have stopped, when I press start device it comes up with " The operation could not be opened. Access is denied." and this is for both of them.

In device manager it tells me the device is working properly. When i press update driver > Search automatically for updated driver software it tells me that "windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date."

I have tried going onto the Nvidia website and updating to the latest GUP driver but while halfway through the process my laptop blue screen'd and I was only able to get on my laptop by using system restore, otherwise it wouldn't work.

These are all the options that I've read to try and solve problems but none of them have worked.

Any help/reply would be appreciated!

Lucas

January 15th, 2013 11:00

Hello Lucas,

Make sure you performed the correct video driver update, follow these steps, if the system blue screen while installing the video driver, access in safe mode by pressing the F8 key at the booting process and  check this article to identify the blue screen error.

Please let me know what happen.

2 Posts

January 15th, 2013 16:00

Thanks so much Karen!

I can see that the driver is working! And I'm able to access the Nvidia control panel too!

I really owe you one!

Many thanks

Lucas

January 16th, 2013 09:00

You are very welcome Lucas, I'm glad your system is working fine!

No Events found!