Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 13th, 2016 17:00

PC freezes whilst playing games

So my PC has been freezing whilst playing games for a very long time now(1+ years) and I've looked everywhere to try and find a solution but nothing has helped. I called the dell support line 3 times and they took me through the exact same process each time with no results. I've updated my video card drivers with a clean install, Updated the BIOS, Still doesn't help. I've reset the PC to factory settings also with no results. I really need help as my PC crashes on games that aren't exactly hard games for a PC to run (CS:GO, League of legends, Garry's mod). I don't know if it is a hardware or software problem. My PC is still in warranty so could I send it back to dell to see if they can look at it and see if the problem is hardware related? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

April 13th, 2016 18:00

That's really strange. I was concerned that it was something I had done, but if your having the same issues it seems to be hardware maybe. What version of widows are you on?

April 13th, 2016 18:00

I bought my Alienware 17 R3 a month ago and have been having this problem since day one. It either freezes randomly during games or disconnects from Wifi every 10 minutes. Have done everything I've found online, including factory reset, redownloading all drivers, etc. have not been able to fix the issue. Frustrating to hear that you've been having this issue for a year now and dell can't fix it. Sounds like I wasted my money.

April 13th, 2016 19:00

Mine was on windows 8 and started freezing/crashing. I upgraded to windows 10 but that didn't help. Pretty sure its a hardware problem.

April 13th, 2016 19:00

Mine came with Windows 10.

No Events found!