Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 13th, 2014 21:00

PLEASE HELP My Alienware aurora R4 keeps crashing when i play certain games PLEASE HELP

My aurora r4 will crash when i play games like space engineers, Planetside 2 and other games.

Can someone tell me why and/or how to fix this i just got the computer. I just got the computer a month or two ago. 

• Processor
  • CPU_Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz
  • CPU_Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
  • CPU_Caption: Intel64 Family 6 Model 62 Stepping 4
  • CPU_Version:
  • CPU_ProcessorId: BFEBFBFF000306E4
  • CPU_CurrentClockSpeed: 1184MHz
  • CPU_AddressWidth: 64Bits
  • CPU_DataWidth: 64Bits
  • CPU_SocketDesignation: CPU 1
  • Verified Hardware Device against Order: VARIABLEXYZ
    • Verify Correct Processor Frequency

System Memory

BIOS Information

• BIOS_Manufacturer: Alienware
            • BIOS_Name: BIOS Date: 11/26/13 14:42:56 Ver: 04.06.05
              • BIOS_Version1: A11
                • BIOS_Version2: ALWARE - 1072009

Motherboard Information

• MB_Manufacturer: Alienware
                    • MB_Product: 0FPV4P
                      • MB_SerialNumber: ..CN697024162016.
                        • MB_Version: A00

Video Adapter

• Video_Caption: AMD Radeon(TM) R9 270
                            • Video_AdapterRAM: -2048MB
                              • Video_DriverVersion: 13.152.0.0

Hard Drive(s)

• ST2000DM ST2000DM001-1CH1 SCSI Disk Device
                                • Disk_Model: ST2000DM ST2000DM001-1CH1 SCSI Disk Device
                                • Disk_Size: 2000 GB
                                • Disk_Partitions: 4
                                • Disk_TotalHeads: 255
                                • Disk_TotalCylinders: 243201
                                • Disk_TotalTracks: 62016255
                                • Disk_TracksPerCylinder: 255

Optical Drives / Other Storage

• PLDS DVD+-RW DH-24AWS SCSI CdRom Device

OperatingSystem: MS Windows 7 Home Premium Edition

DirectXVersion: DirectX 11

1.8K Posts

May 14th, 2014 17:00

My aurora r4 will crash when i play games like space engineers, Planetside 2 and other games.

Can someone tell me why and/or how to fix this i just got the computer. I just got the computer a month or two ago. 

Hi!

Please provide a more detailed description of the problem:

When the system crashes does the computer shutdown or restart, or does it crash back to the desktop? Do you get any Blue Screens of Death (BSOD) or error messages? Is there any freezing or lagging? Does it only happen when you play games?

Update the thread when you have this information so we can help you further. 

11 Posts

May 18th, 2014 02:00

I have the same problem. Don't know if I should have created a separate thread. But anyway I bought some 16 gig RAM that isn't Dell brand and features 1333 MHZ. I'm thinking that could be the prime suspect. But it could also be a PSU issue. I'm basing this off a Planetside 2 thread I skimmed through. I used to get a blue screen that says no HDMi signal and would have to turn on my monitor again. But now it just restarts itself. 

1.8K Posts

May 19th, 2014 11:00

I have the same problem. Don't know if I should have created a separate thread. But anyway I bought some 16 gig RAM that isn't Dell brand and features 1333 MHZ. I'm thinking that could be the prime suspect. But it could also be a PSU issue. I'm basing this off a Planetside 2 thread I skimmed through. I used to get a blue screen that says no HDMi signal and would have to turn on my monitor again. But now it just restarts itself. 

Hi!

First, make sure the monitor is connected to the bottom video ports (discrete graphicscard) and not the ones on the top (Motherboard integrated graphics). If the problem happens only during games or stress, try a clean installation of the video driver as explained here

I would also recommend you run a full ePSA diagnostic to check for hardware errors and test the system with OEM Memory modules if possible. 

No Events found!