Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 30th, 2015 15:00

Permanent Battery Failure

I have an Alienware 17 R2 that I received in February. The other day I had unplugged my laptop from the charger and the entire thing powered off despite saying it was at 100% charge. Upon turning it back on it tells me that it had Permanent Battery Failure. Now currently I can only use it while it is attached to a charger (rather inconvenient for a laptop that I use for school and take on the go). 

Another thing that's started happening is a small black window with white text shows up every few minutes and then closes itself. I'm not entirely sure what that is as it closes too fast for me to read the information on it. 

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I can't imagine why it is already having battery failure after average use for a total of 8 months. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

September 30th, 2015 16:00

Hi, 

I sent you a PM about this issue. Please review.

2 Posts

January 9th, 2016 04:00

HI! i saw your message and i have encountered the same problem you have with the battery having permanent failure and but being at 97% power. and the black window that keeps showing up for a couple seconds. this happened to me this Friday which is the 8th. i see that one of the admins have send you a PM on this issue. would you please be kind enough to send me that as well? thank you so much.

2 Posts

January 9th, 2016 04:00

I have an Alienware 17 R2 and have the same problem. battery has 97% charge shown but bios and error showing permanent failure. i can send you my service tag. please help me

Pasan

No Events found!