Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 3rd, 2014 03:00

Problems with my Alienware 17

Hello there everyone!

I got my new laptop for a few days ago (3 days ago to be exact)
I installed it the way you are supposed to do but now it seems like I have some problems.
The laptop I have is a Alienware 17 with basically the best things you can have inside of it. It cost me A LOT of money.
So I am really annoyed that it's not working properly.

The problems I have are as following:
The computer is really slow on start up. I usually have to start it up twice because the first time it freezes on the "Alienware" start up screen. When I manage to get to the log in screen it's freezed for maybe 5 seconds and then I can log in.

Second problem is that, when I am on my computer, playing games and surfing on the internet all of a sudden the computer just freeze. And I can't do anything for a like 10-15 seconds and then it starts again. This happens quite frequently. It is really annyoing because I don't want to have problems like this. Also when the computer freeze it says "not responding" on the webpage for example. And the game just is completely frozen, not able to tab down, press control alt delete or anything, nothing works until it unfreezs intself after around 10-15 seconds.

The third problem is something I have absolutely no idea what it is. So I got this program Intel Rapid storage thingie. When I started my computer for the first time it was a big "X" over the intel rapid icon down in the bottom right corner on the icon menu. So I pressed it and it seems that something is wrong with my SATA array 0000. With the port 1. It says that it has stopped working.
So I pressed it and then I changed it to "normal" and I guess that means I am just ignoring the problem. But it gave me a cute little green check mark over it. But now on the third day, that X is back and it says that the SATA is not working properly again, or at least that port 1.

Please please I need help! I paid so much money for this computer to be able to make sure it works probperly and for a few years to come!

IF you want any specific information about my system, please feel free to ask.

Thanks in advancve for the answerws!

Best Wishes
Kalle / Lillbengan

6 Posts

April 11th, 2014 07:00

Took peter's advice and had it replaced for a new one from the store i got it from. should have brought it in the day after i bought it when the problems started as soon as i opened it. am a happy alienware 17 owner now. hope u get yours sorted out soon lilibengan. 

1 Message

October 28th, 2015 11:00

Hi

I am having the same issues and ready to fire it through the wall. Sometimes it works. Then windows shuts down. I have tried to contact dell and send it back but get a run around. I am upset and need help!

327 Posts

October 28th, 2015 23:00

solutions:

1) please go to device manager and disable Kionix Free Fall Sensor.

2) go to task manager and see if a process is consuming too much cpu, take pictures of your task manager if you can, and search for malware using this free software 

3) this happend because this program is heavy loading, and to reduce the impact on boot, it have a delayed start. But you can set normal boot instead of delayed boot from services (search: services.msc ) and search for intel rapid storgate, it will say automatic with delay

please let me know if it work

3 Posts

October 29th, 2015 21:00

I have had my laptop for a little over a year and have had nothing but problems with it, I wish I had sent it back within the first 30 days and got my money back and bought a computer else where.  They have done nothing but lie to me and many other people.  Mine was defective right out of the box and over ten repairs and their are still problems.  I too had a dream of long term ownership and spent a lot of money to make it happy and even bought the warrenty which is a good thing as I have had at least to mother boards, 3 hard drives, one display, two fans, at least one video card and many other things repalced.  They just sent me a replacement laptop that is a joke, nothing like the one I own.  Most people who have the 17 have expensive paper weights by the end of the warrenty.  They have lied to me over and over about the parts and repairs...I would never do it again.

Heart broken in the Ozarks...

314 Posts

October 29th, 2015 23:00

I had 17 R2. The Killer 1525 is complete trash. After gaming, or leaving the pc there for an hour or so, there would be NO wifi. I tried to restart, system would crash. Hard reboot, 17 R2 goes into alienrespawn. Quit out of respawn so windows could load. I talk to several alienware technicians and they replaced the system with R3. While waiting 2 weeks for my replacement. WIFI was unusable due to system freeze. The only way I solved this was using Ethernet connection. 

R3 has newer Killer 1535. IMO it's also trash. After gaming (Tomb Raider...campaign, nothing to do with online) for an hour, my pc would lose wifi connection completely. I think i found a fix. 

1. Download latest driver from Killer.

2. Uninstall all of Killer software.

3. Reboot

4. Install latest Killer driver.

5. Reboot.

6. In device manager, locate Killer 1535 or 1525. Choose property. UNCHECK allow the computer to turn off to save power.

7. Go to Killer Network Manager. Choose setting. UNCHECK enable bandwidth control and UNCHECK enable killer doubleshot pro.

I now have a distaste for Killer company. I have used standard network card in other laptops without this much issues. And the speedtest.net. It's all relative the same. Killer offers no advantage whatsoever. Just more headaches. 

13 Posts

November 4th, 2015 00:00

My Alienware touch pad and keyboard suddenly stop responding and *** out on me. not to mention the boot time is awful with a ssd. Bios keeps spinning and spinning. Then shows Windows login screen.

314 Posts

November 4th, 2015 04:00

uninstall free fall software. 

13 Posts

November 4th, 2015 12:00

uninstall free fall software. 

did that and updated senor driver. works little better. still have touchpad issues. doesnt even work

No Events found!