JerryHusky
2 Bronze

R4 upgrade to 32 gigs?

Jump to solution

I found these memory sticks that are almost guaranteed to be compatible: http://www.crucial.com/upgrade/Alienware-memory/Alienware+Desktops/AURORA-R4-upgrades.html And I'm wondering if in theory I could upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate in the distant future when 16 gigs becomes obsolete and install the new memory. Or would such a risky surgery fry my motherboard?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alienware-Naomi
5 Rhenium

RE: R4 upgrade to 32 gigs?

Jump to solution

The AURORA R4 supports up to 32GB on 1600 MHz, so you shouldn't have any problems performing the upgrade.

That memory hasn't been validated for this system so we can't guarantee it will work. I recommend you check the Dell Certified upgrade part:

66GKY     8GB DIMM, 1600MHz, 512X64, 8K, 240.

Alienware-Naomi
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alienware-Naomi
5 Rhenium

RE: R4 upgrade to 32 gigs?

Jump to solution

The AURORA R4 supports up to 32GB on 1600 MHz, so you shouldn't have any problems performing the upgrade.

That memory hasn't been validated for this system so we can't guarantee it will work. I recommend you check the Dell Certified upgrade part:

66GKY     8GB DIMM, 1600MHz, 512X64, 8K, 240.

Alienware-Naomi
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos