Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 18th, 2009 12:00

Recieved my Aurora today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fedex just dropped it off, by reading the forums I was preparing to wait another 4 weeks or so. Anyway I placed the order on 12-7-09, 11 days later it's on my door step!

No notice at all, I can't believe it's here! Even came with 875W power supply that I didn't order!!   

sound blaster Xtreme

i7 920 (2.66Hz,8MB Cache)

6GB DDR3 ram

single NVIDIA GTX 260

no monitor

keyboard and mouse

750GB drive

19 Posts

December 18th, 2009 12:00

That's a great turnaround time considering, I should check my PS....enjoy! 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 18th, 2009 13:00

Well it is great to hear that you have received your system but it seems like...order late, get it first!

December 18th, 2009 13:00

Enjoy! Play a few hours of games for all those who have yet to recieve! (Like me) Ordered 11/9 and still waiting

245 Posts

December 19th, 2009 01:00

Congrats and enjoy your new Alien High Tech toy :-)

Mav711

10 Posts

January 5th, 2010 15:00

At least someone received their AlienWare PC.

I received mine which was a replacement for another PC that didn't work right out of the box and SURPRISE!!!! This one doesn't work.. After the setup requested my username and a password... it took 26 1/2 minutes to boot into Windows 7... The Blu-Ray Burner constantly runs and never stops trying to access a disk even though there's nothing in the drive... The card reader doesn't work because there's a problem with the cable.. there's a flat pressed mark on the cable going from the motherboard to the card reader..... The TV Tuner locks up and actually crashes Windows 7...  I can be looking at stuff in Internet Explorer and the system will randomly lockup forcing me to hard shutdown the machine by holding in the power button. Reboots take 10 minutes.. and here's the really sad part.. I havn't even installed a SINGLE program on the PC yet.. I just received it on Dec 29, 2009 and was thinking that they would either reinstall the OS or send out a new system so I havn't done ANYTHING to the system yet...

I called tech support on the 29th of december and they were 'next business daying' the parts since my support package says.. next business day on site with a technicial... they sent the parts to the wrong address somewhere 2 hours away from me.. no one can explain where/how they got this other address aside from and I quote "someone messed up".. So they decided to send the parts out again.. This time I receive the parts on Jan 4th, 2010... but guess what? they sent the wrong parts.. instead of a blu-ray burner they sent a blu-ray rom, instead of the cable they sent a card reader with NO cable.. I still have yet to receive anything on the tv tuner that's bad.. and now I'm told that they didn't re-enter the order yesterday on the 4th of January that I'll have to wait another day or two or three for the parts to come.. now I'm just wondering if the parts when they DO get here are they going to be right or another set of incorrect parts?

Just hoping someone from dell will read this and offer some assistance.. and in case someone wants to suggest the escallation department.. I've done that too.. no one from that department ever calls you back...

The Specs on the system are i7 975 extreme 3.33 GHz,  9GB DDR3 Ram, single NVIDIA 240 GTS, 500GB Hdd, Blu-ray burner, dvd burner, tv tuner...

I have done everything I can to try and get someone to send me the parts for the stuff that's definitely messed up..

No Events found!