Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

January 2nd, 2018 15:00

SSD Compatibility With An Auora-R4 (And Why Am I Unable To Download The Alienware Command Center)?

A few days ago, I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro on an Alienware Auora-R4.

One of the consequences of doing so was the fact that the Alienware Command Center is no longer installed on my computer.

I went to the download page of the Dell site and entered my service tag… and the Alienware Command Center download is nowhere to be found.

Is the command center not available to folks that are running an Aurora-R4 with Windows 10 Installed?

One other question I have relates to SSD’s:

I just purchased a Crucial MX300 2TB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid-State Drive (Crucial guarantees that this SSD is compatible with an Auora-R4), but haven’t opened it yet. I read some reviews that essentially said that it was an “ok” drive, but it had a low score insofar as performance is concerned.

I’m thinking of returning it in order to get a Samsung 850 EVO 2TB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD instead… but I need to know?

Is the Samsung 850 EVO compatible with an Auora-R4? I’ve Googled for information until the cows have come home but have not been able to find a definitive answer.

Any feedback on both issues will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your response to this post.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

January 3rd, 2018 10:00

Hi Jazzbutcher1‌,

The Aurora R4 does not support Windows 10, so that's why this type of issues might arise.

Try this version:

Alienware Command Center 3.6 for Desktops Driver Details | Dell US 

Regarding the Crucial MX300 2TB SATA 2.5 and the Samsung 850 EVO 2TB 2.5, these 2 are not officially supported but they should work without issues. 

Most 2.5" internal drives would work with the Aurora R4 without issues.

No Events found!