Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 24th, 2012 07:00

Scratches on m14xr2 screen panel

Hey guys, I was just cleaning the plastic screen panel on my M14XR2 when I noticed a couple of light scratches running across it. It seems like I packed my bag too tightly and the screen was rubbing up against the keyboard. After a bit of browsing I found out that you can remove and polish scratches off this panel, however having had no experience of scratch removal, and with no idea what kind of plastic the panel is made of I was wondering if someone could suggest a good product/method for this? I know you can remove the panel as shown here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08u-nz6dSpg&list=PLq-K8e5zw2c26yNP9U84t3xnpQRKgcHhZ ...but I'm not sure this is strictly necessary. Any thoughts on the best way to get rid of these scratches? Thanks in advance!

2K Posts

December 24th, 2012 16:00

Hi Satchelmouth,

I request you not to follow this procedure to remove the panel as screen/screen panels are one of the delicate components of the computer. You may want to take the computer to any Local technician who can remove the panel and clean it but there is no way to completely clean the scratches if they are deep.

December 25th, 2012 11:00

Hi Kiran, 

thanks for the quick reply. Can you reccomend any products suitable for polishing or cleaning this panel which are readily available in the uk?

2K Posts

December 26th, 2012 10:00

Hi Satchelmouth,

Small dab of clean water, very soft cotton cloth, and gently rub on the screen with it (To remove smudges). Or, purchase a screen cleaner from most computer stores. Although scratches could not be erased by doing this.

# Never spray or pour any liquid directly on the LCD panel.

# Do not clean the screen while it is on.

December 26th, 2012 11:00

But am i right in thinking this is not an lcd panel but a plastic screen protector?

2K Posts

December 27th, 2012 10:00

Hi Satchelmouth,

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned by me in the above post. If that doesn’t work you can take the computer to a technician and they will suggest you if LCD panel or plastic screen protector, also they will tell if they have any liquids for the same.

No Events found!