Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

January 8th, 2010 11:00

Service engineer made things worse! trying to get system replaced

HI there,

I have had my M17x for aprox 4 months.

As with the majority of users this has been a very frustrating experiance, Stuttering audio, video bluescreening etc etc.

I have had the system hanging on the Alienware boot screen, had various error messages including Overclock failed (at stock and default bios settings)

I spoke to Tech support who sent out a service engineer with a replacement motherboard and CPU (Qx9300)

This is where the majority of problems have now originated from,

• The service engineer had never worked or seen an m17x (only on short training video)
  • I had to look on the internet to show engineer how to remove palm rest.
  • Engineer used screw driver to try and pri off the piece of plastic inbetween the keyboard and the lcd, unaware that it was held on with screws
  • The engineer has broken the ribbon conector to the power switch and asked me for tape to stick it back on with.
  • The system did not boot when he reasembled it the first time (worked on second attempt)

Since the engineer has left the system has deteriated and now does not power up.

• Errors included but not limited to
  • The Num lock scroll lock key flash and the Caps stay on
  • The system Blue screens with paging error in a non paged arear
  • Blue screen with other messages
  • The alienfx lights dont come on
  • The power button lights dont come on
  • The Lcd Doesnt do anything
  • The system doesnt Boot
  • The system hangs on the alienware head when it trys to boot.
  • The system just beeps and does nothing else

And finally its now dead and only the alienhead on the back of the lcd lights up when conected to the power supply

I have now spoken to Tech support and three different operatives have said that due to previously having a mother board and cpu changed and the

extent of the problems they recomend that the system is replaced.

suspected faulty components

• Mother board
  • CPU
  • Ram
  • LCD
  • Graphics card
  • and or other internal coponenets and the damged parts from the service call

Tech suport have asked me to send my computer into them, this i declined as why would i pay for NBD warrenty and not return to base, if i

was only going to return the unit to base?

They have offered to send a service engineer out which i am very warry of due to the damage caused and lack of knowladge of the engineer in

my location. also the amount of parts that would need to be fitted or lack of diagnostics make that difficult.

I therefore  formally escalted the issues and complained about the service call and damge to my system and requested a replacment system.

I have also emailed for over a week now un resolved issues and not received a reply let alone within the 1 buisness day as promiced

I have been told i would receive call backs and have had none.

The matter is now in the hands of the team leader (slovakia) tech support alienware

she has escalated it to try and gain aproval for a replacement system.

I am still waiting

How do I escalate this matter further?

any advice apreciated

91 Posts

March 4th, 2010 13:00

thats ridiculous.

March 17th, 2010 07:00

Now gone through 3 months mark

system dead and now replacement insight!

next business warrenty my?

No Events found!