Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 15th, 2015 15:00

Someone please help!!!!!!!!

Ok here's my situation, I installed Windows 10 on my alienware mx14 R2 and after a while I noticed my laptop would use its fans more than when I had windows 7 , like I wouldn't be doing anything and the fans can be heard from miles away because of windows 10, so I decided to get windows 7 back, so I opened the alienware Microsoft Windows 7 disk that came with my laptop popped it in and reset my laptop from the disk, and in result I lost all of the alienware apps like autopsy  n stuff like that and it won't connect to the Internet or wifi, what do I do!!!!

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

September 16th, 2015 10:00

Hi,

It sounds like you’re missing all of the system drivers and applications. You would need to install the network drivers first to connect to the Internet. Click here to view the Dell Drivers and Downloads page, the network drivers are listed under the Network category. Download and install the driver that corresponds to your wireless card.

You can follow the installation order that shows on the Drivers and Downloads page (on the View By section of the page, click Installation Order) to install all of the system drivers and applications. Alien Autopsy had an update a few months ago and it’s now called Support Assist. Click here for the download link.  

September 17th, 2015 19:00

dude thanks so much, but my windows seems older than my original windows 7, like its thicker borders and not as clear as my old one do i just look for a download on that site you told me? or is that just settings stuff

September 17th, 2015 23:00

Can't thank you guys enough. My pc is back to its normal and beastie running self!!

8 Posts

September 17th, 2015 23:00

I just went through all of that with my M18X, you will need to get on the Dell website and download all of the correct drivers for your computer and install them.  Your video drivers are most likely set to a generic one therefore things don't look the same as before.  You can use your Dell Service code from the bottom of your computer on the Dell website to help you determine what components you have in your computer and which drivers you will need to install.  Word to the wise which threw me off initially, some of these files are not self extracting and installing, you will need to find the unzipped file and identify the exe. file which will then start the installation process.  Sounds confusing but once you have done it a couple of times  the whole process only takes about 15 minutes.  You might also notice that your webcam doesn't work any longer, press the FN key and the F9 key and the driver should install at that point. Your Allienware software is also available from the Dell website.  Hope this helps...

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

September 18th, 2015 11:00

You're very welcome, I'm glad we could help.

No Events found!