Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 22nd, 2017 14:00

Spilled and sanitizer on my Alienware r5 laptop!!

It happened a hour ago I immediately dried with paper towels and used a blow drier I thought it was fine since it wasn't wet and the keyboard still lit up later I checked on it and tried to log in and found out the number 1 key and the letter c and z key don't work I removed the keys and they are dry and it still lights up and powers on just the 3 keys any ideas? Thanks

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

March 23rd, 2017 08:00

Hi ‌,

Send me a private message with the service tag.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 23rd, 2017 10:00

The proper way to repair or recover from this is ... all Sanitizer must be removed from machine. This includes any that might have gotten under keyboard (on motherboard, etc.).

Normally, you just replace the keyboard (they are relatively inexpensive).

You can also use your "all-risk" or Accidental Damage insurance if you have already paid for it, or have that protection (like maybe as a Credit Card purchase benefit). However, not sure it's worth the trouble with this minor repair (especially if foreign substance is limited to only the keyboard itself).

3 Posts

How do I send a private message to you?  and thanks for helping me!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

‌,

Just go to your inbox, click on the Send Message option and look for my user name. 

3 Posts

March 23rd, 2017 11:00

It says"You can only send messages to your Friends / Connections (people following you). You must remove users marked with an exclamation point before your message can be sent."

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

March 23rd, 2017 12:00

Try again.

No Events found!