Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2016 07:00

Strange problem with my ALW17 (Mid 2013)

It started from last week. Every time, I turn on my lap, the trouble will come like what you see on the video I put right here. I have already re-installed my Window yesterday but nothing changed

Plus, from October, I don't know what happen, but in the first time I turn on my lap. The VGA never works as its full performance, every game's frame per second will be reduced a half until I restart my lap. ( I always keep my driver up to date)

Does anyone know what kind of issue is it? Do I have to call tech-sup and sending my lap to them for warranty?

[View:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQNsQG86GZI:550:0]

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

January 7th, 2016 15:00

Hi, 

Just to confirm, did you reinstall Windows using the Windows media that you received with the system?

Try running an ePSA/Diagnostic test on the system to check the main hardware components, click here to view a Dell article that explains how to run this test. Let us know if you receive any errors. 

January 8th, 2016 08:00

I reinstall Windows by using the new Windows file from official microsoft website. Because, I've already upgraded my Windows to 10 since its launch. The trouble just came recently, so I think maybe it's about hardware (this isn't a first time I reinstall my Windows also)

I did a ePSA test today, but the result shows the hardware is fine....strange

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

January 14th, 2016 14:00

Hi, 

Did you not receive a Windows recovery drive or disk? We recommend you do a clean installation of Windows to make sure this issue is not software related. 

No Events found!