Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

December 24th, 2011 07:00

Tactx Keyboard and WoW

I can't get World of Warcraft to work with the Alienware Tactx keyboard

5 Posts

December 24th, 2011 18:00

Ok so I got the KG9600 Tactx Keyboard to work on 2 different desktop systems with World of Warcraft with no issues. I just can't get it to work on my Alienware M17x laptop. Could it be the laptop Keyboard interferring?

How funny is this Alienware gaming keyboard do not work on Alienware laptop, but works on Non-Alienware desktop? Hmmm!

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 24th, 2011 19:00

Can you expand on how it is not working in the game? I mean, does the basic keyboard functionality work?

5 Posts

December 24th, 2011 22:00

Yes all the basic Keyboard stuff works only the special gaming keys that you can make macros for the C1-6 and S1-3 keys don't work.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 25th, 2011 11:00

Please repost your issue and Alienware model on the applicable Forum here. That Forum has many gamers so they should be able to instruct you on the macro process.

5 Posts

December 25th, 2011 13:00

What kind of an answer is 'go somewhere else to get your answer'. I am not having a 'How to make keyboard Macros issues with the Tactx keyboard. I have made all kids of Marcos for the Tactx Macro keys that work great on my Non-Alienware deskto systems. I just can't get the macro keys to respond at all on my M17x Alienware laptop. So it is not my macro making that is the issue.  The issue is how to get the Games on the Alienware laptop to see the macro keys at all? I think the laptop keyboard is causing issue with using the Tactx keyboard. So how do I get the laptop to disable the built-in keyboard when I am using the external  Alienware Tactx keyboard?

This is a technical issue not a how to make macros issue.

5 Posts

December 29th, 2011 14:00

OK, Chris M

My issue with the Alienware M17x laptop and the Tactx keyboard macro keys is a real engineering issue, It does not work has confirmed by the Dell Gaming support department (Alienware Tech Support). Alienware has reported the issue to their Engineering department.

Please pass this information on to your Dell Tech support and save others the 6 days of trouble shooting headaches.

I have requested Alienware (Dell Gaming Department) contact me when an update is released.

No Events found!