Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 15th, 2014 14:00

Temp Sensors and Controls

Hey guys, new to the forums!

I have an Aurora R4 that I purchased at Christmas time of 2012 so it's around 1 and 1/2 years old. As many others have seen with Aurora's purchased at this time, my CPU pump started to fail (same jelly  Substitute character removed as per TOU> that others have shown). I didn't even try to fix it and instead opted to install a corsair H80i which I have no complaints about so far. The installation went well and after figuring out that I needed to plug the 3-pin connector into the cpu-fan slot (not the system fan as the stock asetek one was) to get around the bios error, I was up and running. My question now is, which is the more accurate software for reporting internal temps on my rig?

Obviously I have the stock alienware command center thermal controls (in which all of my sensors report a temp of around 28 degrees celsious). I did opt in to get the corsair link software (to better monitor the fan speeds as the thermal controls don't recognize the double fans and whatnot) but it is reporting that the temps range anywhere from 30 degrees to 40 degrees. I'm hoping to get this solved out so I can compare the performance of the new pump and fans to what the stock one was.

Thanks in advance!

TL:DR  = Does the corsair software or the stock alienware software have the more accurate temperature readings?

No Responses!
No Events found!