Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 18th, 2016 07:00

Thermal Controller Error

Been having this issue for a few days now, get a Thermal Controller error on startup, tried the uninstall and reinstall route and its still happening.

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Classes.ThermalControlsTaskbarIcon' threw an exception. ---> System.Management.ManagementException: Generic failure

at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)

at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Start()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.Start()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.DeviceDiscovery.ObjectFactory.NewThermalControlsDeviceDiscovery()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.ObjectFactory.get_DiscoveryService()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.ObjectFactory.NewThermalControlsDeviceRepository()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.ObjectFactory.get_ThermalControlsDeviceRepository()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.Profiles.Classes.ProfileProcessorClass..ctor()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.ObjectFactory.NewProfileProcessor()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.Profiles.Classes.Factories.ProfileRepositoryFactory.get_ProfileRepositoryforController()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Classes.ThermalControlsTaskbarIcon..cctor()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Main..ctor()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.App.AppStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

October 19th, 2016 16:00

Hi,

Reinstall the latest BIOS version in our website.

Uninstall and reinstall the Command Center following ALL the steps below:

SLN303405 - How to Remove and Reinstall the Alienware Command Center

Let me know how it goes!

October 19th, 2016 23:00

Ok, which versions on the site should I be using? I am assuming this one? Alienware Command Center 3.6 for Desktops

Also is that the BIOS version?

I tried the steps above before and reinstalled that version above and it still does it.

October 20th, 2016 07:00

Well I updated my Aurora R4 Bios from A09 to A011 or something like that, now when I try installing the Command Center it sits on the install shield window and never moves. Have to force shut it down. Not exactly sure what to do anymore.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

October 21st, 2016 10:00

Send me a private message with the Service Tag so I can assist you further.

No Events found!