Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 26th, 2011 19:00

Thermal Controller Errors-assist A.S.A.P please

Hello everyone I purchased a Aurora ALX back in august  unfortunately I have been experiencing the following intermittent issue with my desktop, the only way that I can resolve this is by restarting, some times it requires several reboots before the issue goes away basically I boot up my system and none of the Alienware lighting boots only the head flahes is this a sign of upcoming system failure?

Thank you very much in advance all assistance is appreciated.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.Classes.CommunicationServiceClass.get_IsChassisSupportingVenting()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.Profiles.Classes.ProfileReaderClass.newProfileFor(ProfileData ProfileData, ProfileRow profileRow, Int32 position)

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.Profiles.Classes.ProfileReaderClass.Read()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.Profiles.Classes.ProfileRepositoryClass.ReadProfiles()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Classes.ProfileManagerClass.Init()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Main.processWindowsLoaded()

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at MS.Internal.FrameworkObject.OnLoaded(RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)

at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)

at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()

at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()

at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)

at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

322 Posts

December 27th, 2011 05:00

By any chance did you reinstall the command center?  If you did and you installed an older version then you may/most likely trashed the I/O board.  If not I suggest you delete the command center, Shutdown the computer, unplug and push the start button to get rid of any stored energy.  Plug back in and boot up.  Go to the Dell site and download the  LATEST VERSION  of the command center and install it.  Hope that fixes your problem.  If not, you may have to call support.

December 27th, 2011 18:00

No I have not installed the command center i will perform this action anyway just to eliminate this issue from reoccuring

2.4K Posts

December 27th, 2011 19:00

You need to do like bigdog said and reinstall ACC. Do a fresh one, use a software removal tool like CCleaner.

180 Posts

December 27th, 2011 23:00

DON'T use the Resource DVD to install the command center, go the downloads page on the DELL website  and enter your service code. Then select the d/l for the Command Center.

Like Bigdig said, if you try to install/flash an older version of the Command Center, you will trash the board.

No Events found!