Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 8th, 2010 11:00

Two Issues

I ordered my Alienware Aurora PC in january 2nd. Have been waiting for a while to see any news on when it will be ready for shipment. Apparently, my first order got cancelled and out of nowhere a new one came up. Now, I never read anywhere in Dell's website about them cancelling orders and just throwing new ones around, even if these new ones are identical to the old ones.

Has anyone else experienced this before? I have been thinking about cancelling my order but I want to make sure if it is the right choice. Maybe people with more experience on buying pc's by Dell could give me a hand here.

The second thing, is if I end up accepting the order, I want to OC my cpu (i7 920), to around 3.6 -3.8, to avoid any bottlenecks with other components. I've heard A LOT about overclocking with Dell systems and just wanted to make sure I will be able to go further from 3.2 GHz as many people have been doing.

Thanks a lot!

31 Posts

February 8th, 2010 15:00

Back in November I ordered a Studio XPS. Seven weeks later it still hadn't been built and I was looking at the Auroras and at the time I could get a better deal on a faster more powerful Alienware than the Dell for only one or two hundred more so I cancelled the Studio XPS and miraculously it shipped the very day I cancelled. What a coincidence (sarcasm).

After cancelling I ordered an Aurora and while dealing with customer service on the phone arranging the return of the cancelled PC they told me that there was no record of my Aurora order so I ordered again. Then the next day I login to Dell.com and I have two Auroras on order. So I call up trying to find out WHAT ON EARTH is going on and they tell me my account has been flagged for fraud. I try to calmly explain to them the complete bungling of everything that they've done and long wait etc etc and I finally get the first Aurora cancelled and miraculously the Aurora I kept on order showed up in about a week and a half.

The short of it is it took about 9 weeks to finally get the computer I wanted after they had messed up in just about every way possible and then I come to find out with my Aurora that I paid $200 extra for someone to basically flip a switch for overclocking that I could have done myself for free and they refuse to give me a refund.

No Events found!