Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2012 13:00

Unable to get warranty service for my Alienware monitor

Got a problem with my Alienware AW2310 monitor (left half of the screen is problematic) and I need a warranty service. Unfortunately Dell's support is willing to speak to me only if I provide them a service tag, which my monitor does not have, never had and probably never will have. 

I searched the Internet and found out these monitors came without Dell's service tag. My retailer tells me to go to Dell service shop, but those guys ask for a service tag :((((

Monitor was bought on December 14th last year. My retailer even game the original Dell order number when I asked. Is it possible to get a service tag for my monitor using that order #?

I have never had so much problems with warranty as with that Alienware. 

Please help.

7 Posts

December 11th, 2012 16:00

Hi, probably you also bought a computer when you ordered your monitor. The service tag of this computer is what Dell's support is waiting for.

5 Posts

December 11th, 2012 16:00

No, did not.

December 12th, 2012 10:00

Hello rasmusr,

What is the issue with the monitor?

5 Posts

December 12th, 2012 12:00

Hello Karen,

http://imgur.com/NYs4K

A left side of the LCD screen is distorted from time to time. It appears always when computer is turned on and after a while when left alone for ~10 minutes, the problem goes away. It seems that when monitor heats up it finally gets its picture corrected. Other method which helps is to move the monitor all up on its stand and then changing the angle. Also pressing softly on the black frame from both sides of the monitor fixes a picture but distortion returns as soon the pressure is released. I followed this advice support.dell.com/.../document several times but it does not help. Also my problem is different and is not 60hz bootup problem.

5 Posts

December 12th, 2012 12:00

The original DVI signal cable is tightly attached.

December 12th, 2012 13:00

Send me a PM with your order number, I'll see what I ca do!

5 Posts

December 12th, 2012 14:00

Sent. Thanks.

No Events found!