Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 3rd, 2014 09:00

Unkown problem! Please help.

Hello, so I bought my Alienware Laptop  17 not long ago.

I have had some problems with it so far.

One of them is the Intel Rapid storage system.
On the icon in the bottom right corner it has an red X over it. I don't really know what that means, when I go inside of the program it looks like one of my storage system is not working in the RAID volume. One of ports it looks like. It got an exclamation mark next to it.

I have no idea how to fix this.

Also I am getting a bit worried dell might not have put the SSD in my computer. Because I specificly ordered one and in my orderconfirmation it says this "2TB RAID 0 (2x1TB 5400RPM) + 80GB mSATA SSD Caching NVIDIA"
Thats what I bought.

But I can't find the SSD anywhere. How do I locate it? I went into msinfo32 but I can't find anything named SSD. Is it named something different?

Because the fans are quite loud sometimes.

Please can anyone help me!

Best wishes
Karl

1.8K Posts

April 3rd, 2014 18:00

The mSATA SSD caching is for acceleration, this means the 80GB SSD is used to speed up the main HDD and is not used for storage. That's the reason it doesn't show like your 2TB RAID 0 disks. If you wan't to see the SSD, it will show in the BIOS (press F2 repeatedly at start-up), Disk Management, Intel Rapid Storage under "Accelerate" and the RAID menu (Ctrl+i) at start-up.

You can check this article for more information about Caching or Acceleration.

Since this is a duplicate thread, I'll continue to reply to your main thread here.

No Events found!