Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

July 8th, 2012 22:00

Warranty Status?

Ok, several times I have checked my warranty status to make sure everything is as it should be (chose 3 year extended warranty) and everytime I check all it says is standard service x 1 year and LS (no description available) x 3 years.  Forgive me for being stupid but what does LS mean exactly, as the information on the dell website is not exactly forthcoming with details.

Thanks in advance.

104 Posts

July 9th, 2012 05:00

LS = Limited service , i maybe wrong but i am pretty sure thats what it means

96 Posts

July 9th, 2012 19:00

Hi there, thanks for the reply.

I hope thats not what it means as I have paid for full next day support for 3 years. Looks like I'm going to have to call Dell and find out.

96 Posts

July 9th, 2012 22:00

Hi bills889, thats somewhat more reassuring than I expected. Seems like the site does have some issues to be honest, let's hope that improves.

Thanks for the reply... and reassurance.

133 Posts

July 9th, 2012 22:00

yup the site is horrible. When i check my system on dell it says my warranty is finished completely and i have had the system for like 4 months only.

lol just call im %99 sure it's just a site issue.

July 10th, 2012 11:00

Limited service means that you have the phone support and the in home support. If you need warranty information or pricing you can contact us via e-mail at awsocialmedia@dell.com with your tag number and a brief description of the issue.

96 Posts

July 10th, 2012 14:00

Hi there, so can I reassure myself that this also includes replacement (of faulty parts) and repair in full then - i.e. for the 3 year.  Sorry just looking for reassurance here, as website is very limited with information directly related to to my purchase.

Thank you for the reply. :-)

July 10th, 2012 15:00

Yes it does :) here is the warranty info.

No Events found!