Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 19th, 2015 15:00

Warranty info disappeared after Owner transfer!!

Hello,

I have a serious problem with warranty information.

- I bought an ALW 17 from a seller online in Dec 2014, the warranty shown End date is Sept 13 2015. We all filled the Owner transfer form together and after a few day I received the confirmation email from Dell which stated  that the transfer was completed.

- Now after almost 3 months, I randomly checked the warranty on Dell website and freaked out  because all the warranty information disappeared!!! I called Dell and after an hour, they updated the warranty, which stated that the warranty on my computer was already expired in Sept 13 2011 but the ship date was Nov 14 2014! It does not make any sense because ALW 17 is a 2013 laptop, how can warranty expired in 2011?

- I contacted the seller and she told me that the laptop was a replacement for her son M15x which Dell cannot repair during Dell complete care warranty period.

So it seems to me the guy who did the owner transfer messed up all the information (because when I called Dell, the laptop is still not under my name but previous owner despite the transfer was completed). All warranty information had been deleted, and then recovered at the moment I called Dell, but wrong or incomplete (Missing the warranty extension).

Please let me know what to do, thanks.

• 

2.7K Posts

February 23rd, 2015 12:00

You can send me a PM with your service tag and a brief description of the problem so I can check the account for you. 

59 Posts

February 23rd, 2015 12:00

It means you are kinda screwed.

2 Posts

February 23rd, 2015 13:00

PM sent. Thank you in advance.

No Events found!