Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2010 11:00

Where can i buy ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850 for my M15x?

Hi i just got an Alienware M15x from ebay that has an nVidia GTX260M in it and i was wondering where i can buy an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850 with the 1 Gb GDDR5 ram in it to replace the current card as i was told it is better and i cant find anywhere that sells them seperately i can only see it on the customize page on the Alienware site so any help would be much appreciated thanks =]

30 Posts

Well straight from dell/alienware if they will even allow it, or you find out what Sager/Clevo model your notebook is and pray you find a notebook company that carrys that model that would be nice enough to sell you the gpu.

62 Posts

I'm not shre wheather you can swap the Graphics-Card of the Alienware Notebooks.

20 Posts

Im Pretty sure alienware laptops allow graphics cards to be upgraded. Chris or a Dell Representative, can you comment on this?

Would there be any limitations?

3 Posts

Hey thanks for the fast reply but when you say "find out what Sager/Clevo model your notebook is" how would i do that sorry im kinda new to the gaming laptop scene

3 Posts

June 29th, 2010 12:00

Hmm i am sure im able to cause i found a pdf guide on changing it only i cant find the card im after =[

30 Posts

I know when dell first purchased alienware back in 2005 you, alienware/dell would still leave the real manufacturer info ont he bottom of the notebook it would be a sticker with clevo so and and so on with all the info. That would be the first place to look, the higher end gaming notebooks and im sure a majority of thier mid grades you can change out hte gpu. You have been able to do that with gaming notebooks/desktop replacements  since around 2005 or so.  As for getting a replacement gpu or an upgrade they are very very very hard to find online and normally if you want to buy one on sites that advertise they sell they are normally located out of country. If you want a better gpu you need to call alienware/dell and see if they will sell you one they normally will, or do some research on your notebook and find out what clevo/sager model it is and find an online etailer that custom makes gaming notebooks that holds your clevo/sager model then pray they are nice enough to just sell you the gpu finding one normally takes awhile.

20 Posts

could you post that pdf? im also interested in how to upgrade. would you have the m17x one though?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

June 29th, 2010 13:00

CILLAH187,

I do not know if it is even available as a stand-alone purchase. Call Dell Spare Parts 1-800-372-3355. Ask for part number K6654 Ati Radeon Mobility HD 5850.

1 Message

December 11th, 2014 12:00

nice for comments

No Events found!