Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 15th, 2009 13:00

Who comes up with these delivery dates?

Ordered my M17x on Oct 13, original deivery date was Nov. 6 than delayed to Nov 13th and delayed again to Nov 20th, I have been recieving email about delays early on Tuesday mornings I would magine I will get another saying it is delayed again to the 27th, Was hoping to beat the COD MW2 release but its looking like I will continue to stare at a box unable to play. And when I do call about delays I get treated like I am out of line for calling. Where are alienware comps buit and where are they shipped from?  Has anyone recieved an order from dell on time recently? Thanks just venting

32 Posts

November 28th, 2009 07:00

MORE THAN 2 MONTH WAITING AND NOW STILL HAVE TO WAIT MORE.

TO BE HONEST, WAITING WITHOUT EVEN BEING SURE WHETHER WILL HAVE IT OR NOT.

STUDIO XPS 16 1645 i7

Ordered  09/27 - EDD 10/19 - Cancelled by Dell ( Wireless card Compatible)

Reorder  10/22 - EDD 11/13 - Delay to 11/20 -  Cancelled by Dell ( ATI Graphic Card out of stock + i7 back-order)

Reorder  11/19 - EDD 12/15 - Already Expedited  

Today, I have received an e-mail saying that my order is built and in transit to the shipping facility.

Normal time in this routing position is 48-96 hours.

Waiting to see what will happen..

9 Posts

November 28th, 2009 12:00

Yeah mine didn't have a delay. I just seen that everyone else on here was having delays and wondering if I would run inito that problem.  I didn't have a delay thank god.

8 Posts

November 30th, 2009 20:00

Well another amazing twist to my crazy tale.  I called today to find out what was going on and my order and it was canceled by dell and was given no response or reasoning to why. After a few apologies and a transfer to a sales rep I placed a re-order, well after  a very nice discount, gift cards and add ons with no additional charge and next day shipping I ended up with a better laptop than my additional order and it cost me 37 dollars less. So lets keep fingers crossed again that I might have it sometime in the near future.

8 Posts

December 10th, 2009 16:00

Well a final update.....reorder went thru on Dec 1 and it shipped today, looking like ordering thru the website was my proble the first time, used a recommended sales rep from  a friend and my order was moved along smoothly and recieved updates and any calls I make to check progress are made to north american operators and deal with just 1 person my sales rep. There were supposed parts delays and other problems with my first order but it turns out that a majority of orders placed between Oct 1 thru Oct27  made online were either cancelled or delayed many times because of a online error and bad overseas operators and managers unable to find the problems until it is cancelled. So next week it looks like I will finally end this annoying processes.

No Events found!