Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 8th, 2015 17:00

Windows reboot problem half install

First off I have an alien Arora r4 dual gtx 780's, 32 gigs ram, a ssd and regular hard drive in raid, windows 7 ultimate, I 7 processors, and anything else you need to know just ask.

The problem I am having is that I got a virus and decided to do a wipe and reinstall on the system. One thing I noticed before hand, once the virus hit, was that the restart button didn't work, it would shut down then boot back up with no image. I had to shut it down and reboot manually. So when I went to reinstall windows it went to restart and failed to do so, I gave it an hour before I gave up and powered it down. It has always had a problem were it wouldn't reboot after sleep mode, which I just turned off. Is there anything I can do to get my system back up and running? I have all the discs. Any help would be appreciated. I've tried to get into the bios but never get any signal. Unplugged the battery from the motherboard and still no luck. Please help! Fallout 4 comes out soon.

• 

2.7K Posts

July 9th, 2015 08:00

Did you formatted the hard drive at the moment of the installation of windows? 

July 9th, 2015 10:00

Didn't get that far before it crashed? Unless I was supposed to format them before. Windows was already in them.

• 

2.7K Posts

July 10th, 2015 18:00

Yes you have to format the hard drive at the very beginning, check out this article it will help you to perform a clean installation of windows.

July 11th, 2015 07:00

The only problem I see with that is that at this moment I'm not getting any signal out to my display. I'll give it a shot and post the results here.

July 12th, 2015 04:00

Sounds to me like you had a bit of bad luck, it happens some times even to the best of us.

1. Get your windows installer going.

2. When you get to the install stage it will ask you if you want to do a custom installation, choose that.

3. After the list populates with your Hard Drive, delete all the preformed garbage that is usually associated with Dells recovery bull ***.

4, Select your primary drive you want to install windows on, and click new, it will ask to create system portions just say OK.

5. Click next, and wait for that to finish installing. (when your computer reboots pull the installation media from your computer to prevent the installer form reloading.)

6. On another computer punch in your computers info, to Dell.com/support and download the drivers appropriate to your PC, or you can use the Driver Disk that sometimes comes with Dell computers.

7. Put the drivers you downloaded on a USB or burn them to a DVD/CD. Put it in the computer with the new windows installation, finish installing windows, and when you get to the desktop start installing them, when it asks you to reset after each one just say no ill do that later, and move on to the next driver, when you hit the bottom of the drivers and you have nothing to install go ahead and restart the PC and you should be ready to go.

(If you have issues with a driver installing, make a note of where you are on the list and restart then try to install the driver again, and continue installing them till your done.)

I hope these instructions help you with your journey. (I have had to do this allot, I fix computers for a living.)

July 12th, 2015 13:00

Would you have any idea why i can't get a signal to my display? i don't get anything when i boot up my pc. the pc itself acts like it should be doing something but i get nothing to my moniter....

July 12th, 2015 23:00

My guess is and your not going to like it, your Display Adapter didn't get installed, You can see the screen turn on in BIOS right? try booting in safe mode and reinstalling your display drivers.

July 13th, 2015 04:00

Nope, I can't even get the bios screen. It never displays anything to the monitor.

July 13th, 2015 07:00

Yeah, got tired of moving the wires around so I have a different monitor hooked up to each port. I have a bridge from on graphics card to my other. Maybe I hooked it up to the wrong side.

• 

2.7K Posts

July 13th, 2015 07:00

Have you tested the video card in different ports? 

• 

2.7K Posts

July 14th, 2015 15:00

As well you can try with one video card at the time in all the ports. 

July 27th, 2015 04:00

Haha, I'm an idiot. Messed around with it some more and it turns out it switched my primary graphics card to the other one. Thanks to everyone for all your help, it's running great now.
No Events found!