Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 19th, 2015 23:00

Witcher 3 Game code

I purchased an Alienware 15 with a GeForce 970 video card a few weeks ago and was told that qualifies me for the copy of The Witcher 3 game which is out today (I  asked about it specifically and I have a email copy of the chat I had at the time with a sales rep).

My order summary didn't list the Witcher 3 specifically but it has the line item:

1 800-BBKV

FREE game with purchase of a GeForce GTX 700 GPU-powered desktop

This thread 

en.community.dell.com/.../19630131

says we are to get a code by email when the game's released, I haven't gotten any such email

How do I get my Witcher 3 game code?

• 

2.7K Posts

May 22nd, 2015 17:00

They are a couple of things that all you must take in consideration:

- Only systems purchased directly from dell.com will apply.

- After the Game launch (May 19), you will get an email within 15 business days, you need to check the email spam filters, junk email folders, etc. Also, check the "My Dell" locker.

- It is very important that the email you placed in the order is the same as in your locker.

-Dell has until June 9th to release all the codes, if after that day you don’t receive the code let us know.

• 

2.7K Posts

May 20th, 2015 09:00

Can you please send me a PM with the order number so I can check further?

8 Posts

May 20th, 2015 13:00

I'm having the same problem. Spoke w/ one rep yesterday that said he checked on it and the codes were supposed to be emailed to us on the date of release. (yesterday) No email. Called Dell back again today and the rep tells me that he's "escalated" my request and I should hear something back within 24 hours on the code. Get this...he actually asked ME for the part number initially and tried to say he couldn't do anything without it.....I told him that Dell should have a copy of my invoice and that if he couldn't find the part number (800-BBKV) I'm sure his supervisor could. What the is up w/ Dell nowadays?? We spent quite a bit of money on these 2 Alienwares and at this point, I'm about to say  it and ship them both back.  The whole thing just seems like a scam and I'm NOT happy. 

Order number

If anyone else gets resolution to this problem, I'd appreciate an email. 

Thanks!

12 Posts

May 20th, 2015 17:00

Thanks Milena for replying to my request, but ....

In your reply to my request you said:

"With this video card you bought The Witcher 3 was automatically add it into the order and eventually you will get the code in the email you provided.

The game launches next month so you should expect the email any time soon."

As I stated in my post above the game was out yesterday and I am supposed to get the code when the game releases, i.e. now not in a month.

I haven't received the code as yet ...

7 Posts

May 20th, 2015 19:00

I am in the exact same boat. I purchased an Alienware X51 which came with a free copy of Witcher 3 as well. After spending 4 hours on the phone with Dell, I STILL have no game code. I've spent several days emailing back and forth, and still no game code. I was told the game hadn't even been released yet, which is not the case. I am beginning to get very, very frustrated with the support I've received. 

2 Posts

May 21st, 2015 16:00

Same here. Just received my alienware 17 R2 laptop and no game. asked on chat support and they told me to call this number 1-866-287-6727 called them and they asked for my order number and then told me to check back in 48hrs. I also emailed customer support under order discrepancies and they basically told me they will let me know what happens soon....its kinda frustrating that i spent so much money on this computer and was promised a free game. 

7 Posts

May 21st, 2015 20:00

Well I still have not gotten a response. I am glad I found this forum where other people have been voicing their frustrations as well. This is a pretty epic fail on Dell's fault. 

I'll be sure to post on here when I finally receive my code . The most surprising part to me of this is the customer service I've received though. I've had about 8 dell computers, and now 2 alienware desktops. Over the years I've had excellent customer service so I kept coming back

Like I said above, I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with Dell customer service and not once did I even speak to a representative in the US. All foreign based representatives that I could barely understand. I got passed around to probably 5-6 different people. The whole experience thus far has been very disappointing.

As of right now, this will be the last purchase I ever make from Dell.  

3 Posts

May 21st, 2015 21:00

Having same prob here... Have you heard anything back?

12 Posts

May 22nd, 2015 00:00

Just an update: no resolution so far though.

TLDR version: I called customer service (1-800-624-9897), my request was escalated and the rep said he will contact me on Monday.

Long version:

I must commend the rep who tried hard and spent a long time with me, most of it remotely connected to my laptop.  

Among the many things he  tried, the one he spent the most time on was getting the code through the Dell 'digital locker'. He was unable to log in, the credentials for my Dell account didn't work. He then tried making an account with my email on the 'My Dell Downloads' page.  During the first step of this (called 'Register Your System') he got an error 'Service Tag is not supported' (whatever that means!) and could get no further.

At one (very surreal) point while controlling my computer he got into a live chat with a Dell sales rep who was unable to help with the digital locker. It was interesting to see that exchange. [:)]

When everything he tried failed to work he said he would escalate the request.

I will post further when/if something happens.

2 Posts

May 22nd, 2015 10:00

LOL i just tried to log in to the dell digital locker after reading your post and my login info didnt work either. When i tried to do a "forgot password" it said there wasnt a matching email address in their records.

7 Posts

May 22nd, 2015 12:00

It took me over an hour to set up my digital locker and nothing was there except my free 20 gig Dropbox subscription which I want nothing to do with. Dealt with wrong passwords as well and it appears almost like I have multiple accounts or something. It is very odd. As I log into different factions of Dell, different names pop up with different service tags from old computers. I still haven't gotten to the bottom of that. But back to Witcher.

On alienware computers you have an Alienware Locker that came preloaded as software. Just search for Alienware locker in Windows search and you'll find it.  To no avail though, the only thing popping up in my alienware locker is some backup restore software. I doubt you'll find anything in yours regarding Witcher, but it's worth checking out at least.

7 Posts

May 22nd, 2015 12:00

Brisco,  it also occurred to me you may be having the best luck in finding the solution. If you are able to get the code, would you mind directing the agent helping you to this forum where he may be able to assist us as well?  Much appreciated.

Also, if anyone actually receives one of these mythical Witcher codes, it'd be great if you could post in here letting us know that it is in fact possible to beat the mysterious impossible fantasy mission that Dell has sent us all on. I'm about to start making macros to respond to the Dell customer service AI. If I have to give my order number one more time I might lose it.

12 Posts

May 22nd, 2015 13:00

Xoomison I sent a reply to the email I got yesterday from Dell CS about escalating my request to alert them to the other folks on this forum.

"There are several other people who are having this problem that are posting on the Alienware forum, if you could try and help them as well that would be much appreciated.  The threads where people without the game are posting in are :

en.community.dell.com/.../19632594

en.community.dell.com/.../19633048

en.community.dell.com/.../19628022

en.community.dell.com/.../19633059

Thanks again for helping on this!"

In regards to the digital locker/delivery, I see two different things,  On my new laptop there's the 'Alienware Digital Delivery' which has just the DropBox 20 GB promotion, and on the Dell website there's the Digital Locker' which myself and the rep are unable to log into with the same issues others are having.

I see now that debbie6754 in the thread got her game in the 'My Locker' so maybe there's hope for the rest of us! [:)]

3 Posts

May 22nd, 2015 14:00

I just got off phone with dell rep an she is now my go to person if I do not get it she ses that code will be emailed by factory 4 days after are item has shipped an also after the game release let me know if u get yours please.

3 Posts

May 22nd, 2015 15:00

How did u manage to get code from locker?

No Events found!