Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

May 11th, 2011 23:00

Worst customer service experience of my life

My Customer Service Experience

Such an awful experience trying to get my computer fixed. Didnt listen when everyone was laughing at me for buying an overpriced, slow, unreliable, badly built machine. I laughed at them, and bragged when I brought it home in a box the size of a car. Fired it up loaded Starcraft 2 and what do you know the computer could barely run that. Couldnt even show it off to my friends because if they wanted to see me run any games, theyd see I had to run everything on low.

Pssh whatever, I was proud to have an alienware.

Tried to hook up my speakers via optical, and for some reason the plug wouldnt go in. Hmm must have a bad optic cable. What do you think happened after I went out and bought this amazing 60 dollar monster cable fiber optic cable? PLUG WOULD NOT FIT. Strange. Whatever I used the digital cable, and that worked, even though if my speakers were up loud and produced any bass, music would cut in and out nonstop. Not a problem, I dont play music on my computer anyways, except when I was setting up the audio after I had to go with plan b and use the digital port.

No problems looking past all that.

Then my video card died.

Uh oh. But wait what is this, I called customer support and wow so easy to deal with, after a little testing my video card was in fact dead and i needed a new part. No problem, warranty is still good. So they send out a brand new card, no problem. Everything has been great so far. I receive the new video card the next day. I was stunned, couldnt believe how easy dell has made this on me the customer. Was extremely happy. Got all excited to replace the video card and to be able to use my desktop again. Oh the ride Dell customer support was about to take me for.

Horrible, and awful, good job Dell. So I start to remove the old video card and it what in the video card does not want to come out. Hmm. Taking off the metal bracket that is on the end of the card and connects to the mother board is the only option. Hmm so I do that, and Out comes the first video card no problem. Alil frustrated I had to take the bracket off to get the video card out, but whatever. Start to install the next one and it will not even, and it wont line up. IT does not fit. Same video card though. The motherboard IS NOT INSTALLED PROPERLY.

And on top of that to be able to fit the video card in during factory build and install they had to bend the bracket, and force the card in not square to the case. The builder bent the video card to be able to fit it in with the crooked motherboard install. Cracking and scratching my motherboard and bending the various components in that area of the motherboard. It suddenly all makes sense to me. Why my optical port, and digital port are messed up. Everything is missaligned because the motherboard installer (FACTORY) installed it not square to the case. I talked to two customer support agents in the ALIENWARE support call center. Andrew, and Benjamin were there names. Worst customer support i've ever received. Was yelled at, hung up on, was told my Warranty suddenly expired (even though dell sent me a warrently replacement video card yesterday, which I received today, and have), when I asked nicely if I could just talk to someone else was refused and told that i'd just be placed on hold, told me to deal with it tomorrow. After being put on hold for quite some time, the wizard customer support agents only availible fix was to buy another year. then he'd take care of my computer he said. After literally being yelled at by the first Tech andrew I talk him into transferring me to someone else who could help me. Haha so he sends me to the menu for the dell store telephone. Haha well played. I call back the alienware dell support number I called orginally and got customer support 2, Benjamin,. Same routine, same threatening tone with me, telling me I was wrong and providing no help or solution at all. Finally magically he finds my warrenty information and procceds to set up a technician to come to my house the next day. So after being put on hold for another 20 min, he comes back and says ohh I dont have a warrenty afterall and if i just buy a 1 year one right now from him, he'll send the tech to my house. Even though im under warrenty and just had a replacement part sent the previous day and recieved by me just hours later. After about 5 more minutes of him trying to convience me I had no warrenty, and I was making it up. I tell him have great night and hang up the phone. I've had enough or the night, and will continue my quest to get my computer fixed tomorrow. Worst customer service experience of my life.

Thanks Alienware, I will never look at you the same.

10 Posts

May 12th, 2011 01:00

@above

Glad to see someone who actually had a good customer support experience, the first post was a little discouraging, seeing as I'm having problems of my own and will most likely need to call them. :|

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 12th, 2011 10:00

RegrettingtheAlien,

Send me a Private Message (click my username, click Send Message) with the following data -
Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
PC Service Tag number:
Reason: Motherboard replacement
http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19378136.aspx

No Events found!