Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 9th, 2012 00:00

X51 Bios sticky situation :(

Okay I am going to make an unusual request. I was fiddling in around my bios (that statement is never a good start), and tried to make my x51 use the integrated graphics instead of my discrete graphics. (I was troubleshooting a different issue). However, I was a fool to realize that my display is connected to my graphics card, and the intel integrated graphics uses that hdmi port by itself. Now I have no display! I don't have a monitor in my home that has an hdmi port, let alone an hdmi cord! My request is for somebody to tell me, after booting up your x51 pc, what key presses you do after pressing F2 to enter bios setup. I hope it can be as simple as pressing f2, going to the right a couple times with the arrow keys, and hitting "reset bios." But i may need to go into the part where I selected IGFX/Discrete graphics to fix this if resetting to default settings has IGFX as default. So, is anybody up to it? I feel like such a fool, I guess I could reset the cmos if worse comes to worse, but I may cause static shock to my pc knowing my luck. Example: 1.) Press F2 to enter bios. 2.) Wait 5 seconds. 3.) Press the right arrow key 5 times. 4.) Press the down arrow key twice. 5.) You get the idea :P

August 9th, 2012 12:00

okay, nevermind. I looked up pictures of aptio bios, and managed to reset my bios blindly. I pressed F2, then F9, then enter, then f10, then enter again. Phew!

August 9th, 2012 00:00

Shoot it removed all my enter keys when I posted that, iPod!

August 9th, 2012 11:00

Can anyone please help?

2 Intern

• 

835 Posts

August 9th, 2012 13:00

Do you still need help with that?

August 10th, 2012 10:00

not anymore, thanks

No Events found!