Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 20th, 2015 14:00

X51-R1, Start up problem

I have an Alienware X51-R1 early 2012, running on a 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium. Recently my computer blue screened and after the monitor stopped receiving signal, the computer began to beep. I restarted the computer and now the lights on the case come on, but no power to any usb slot, and no video output to my monitors. It doesn't beep anymore. Can anyone help?

April 20th, 2015 20:00

Try to run Alienware Enhanced Systems Diagnostics

(ePSA) embedded on BIOS chip

Power up repeatedly press 

One Time Boot menu, press the arrow key to highlight Diagnostics,

then press to begin ePSA.

Any error codes will help you diagnose the problem.

2 Posts

April 21st, 2015 12:00

I cant do that, the computer isnt outputting any signals of any sort. All usb,audio, display, internet ports aren't doing anything. My keyboard is usb powered so the F12 key did nothing. And i cant access any error codes because nothing shows up on the monitors.

757 Posts

April 22nd, 2015 06:00

You need to provide more info. What were the "Beeps" how many. repetitive, etc.. Describe your system, video cards, how many what extras are connected to ports etc... First, I would disconnect everything from computer, just one monitor and keyboard. You may want to reset video cards, memory, etc and air clean system as well. Then try to restart. blow air into power source and inside video cards etc.. Depending on the "beeps" you could have any number of issues. The manual that came with system explain what certain beeps mean.
No Events found!