Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 4th, 2015 20:00

X51 R2 Audio Issues

My X51 arrived yesterday and I set it all up and it's wonderful except that I have no sound. At all. Not even a peep. My playback devices are listed NVIDIA HDMI Output Port 1 and Port 2. Hooked up my monitor via HDMI and connected my speakers and no sound: no speakers or headphones detected. Hooked up the monitor via VGA cable and same problem. No speakers or headphones detected. Installed a Realtek driver and right after reboot the driver disappeared... three times in a row. I've tried every audio jack. My speakers do work, they're not detected. I've also tried working headphones and it didn't detect those either.

Help please! I'm at the end of my proverbial rope here and I'm experiencing severe YouTube withdrawal [:P]

June 5th, 2015 00:00

Troubleshoot

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Manage Audio Devices

The latest High Definition Audio Codecs (Software)
Realtek HD Audio Drivers R2.78 Controls all sound I/O except for GPU HDMI through Alienware Audio AKA Sound Manager - Control Panel > Hardware and Sound

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound - or right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar

Nvidia Driver 353.06 WHQL, some use Nvidia  HD Audio Driver to control HDMI

7 Posts

June 5th, 2015 00:00

hi, 

I guess you have got some virus on your computer, why did the driver disappear? You should download an anti-virus program and wipe the virus out. if you need new  drivers, you can download it here    thank you 

4 Posts

June 5th, 2015 08:00

Welp... I'm trying to use my analog speakers and I did already try the troubleshooting provided by Dell and the hardware and sound bit, but the problem is anything I plug in just doesn't get detected. If they were detected, I could easily swap them for default in my audio devices but they're not there. Nothing that I plug into any of the audio jacks gets detected. And hitting the speaker icon in the taskbar does nothing but pop open a wonderful "Detecting Problems" troubleshooter that then immediately goes "Sorry, we have no idea what's wrong!"

June 5th, 2015 08:00

hi, 

I guess you have got some virus on your computer, why did the driver disappear? You should download an anti-virus program and wipe the virus out. if you need new  drivers, you can download it here   

thank you 

Bad Link - SPAM

Realtek hasn't put out an HDMI Driver since 2012

Realtek and Nvidia have a history of clashing.

Stick with the Nvidia HD Audio.

4 Posts

June 5th, 2015 17:00

Oh and the microphone jacks don't work either. Not detecting anything that plugs in. The only thing that gets detected is the HDMI connection but there's no sound because lol my monitor doesn't have built-in speakers. 

2 Posts

August 26th, 2015 10:00

Hello Meiyahs,

Did you ever get this issue resolved, or did you just send your computer back with the warranty to get it repaired? I'm having the exact same issue and I'm wondering if it is something that can potentially be resolved or if it is just a manufacturing issue. Thanks in advance.

4 Posts

August 26th, 2015 16:00

I got it resolved by buying a usb adapter sound card. I might at one point send it back with the warranty but, honestly, I didn`t want to spend months without a computer and was able to get the issue resolved with something to the tune of $15. But, to clarify, this is absolutely a manufacturing issue and it`s ridiculous that Dell is okay with shipping out malfunctioning units. 

2 Posts

August 27th, 2015 14:00

Thank you so much for your help! Yeah, even with the warranty it's a hassle to send it back after you have it set up. Dell customer support isn't very much help either, so glad you let me know! I've been trying everything... 

No Events found!