Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 4th, 2014 14:00

X51-R2, speakers stop working after 5 seconds

Hi! I recently bought an Alienware x51 r2 (I believe) and just installed everything succesfully yesterday. Today the speakers (they were connected at the back on the surround sound connector) stopped working after being on for 5 seconds. Turning them off and back on won't help, and if I unplug and back in they sometimes work for another 5 seconds. And if I plug them in on the headphone's input on the front they do work. Any ideas?

• 

2.7K Posts

January 7th, 2014 08:00

Hello Gusat!

Have you tried with different speakers or with a headphone to verify if the issue persists? If that’s the case so I will recommend you to uninstall the audio driver and reinstalled it again, you can find it on the following link,

http://dell.to/1lMQcl2 

2 Posts

January 7th, 2014 10:00

Thanks for your reply!

The problem unfortunately persisted so I uninstalled the audio driver and re-installed it, but the result was almost the same. If I connect anything to the front input it works perfectly, but if I do so on the back it does weird things: tried with iTunes and Youtube, on Itunes it took a while to start playing (while on the front it's instantaneous) and youtube never had any sound on output.

• 

2.7K Posts

January 7th, 2014 15:00

Ok, so could you please send me a PM with your service tag and a brief description of the problem for me to check if I can help you further?

No Events found!